Located in Charles City, Virginia, Burlington Plantation is a classic planter’s home built circa 1815 eleven miles west of historic Williamsburg, Virginia. It is an excellent example of both an 18th and 19th century working plantation.
The main house was started by the Edwin and Sara Major family in 1815 and initially completed in 1818. The Major family continued to occupy and improve the main house, doubling its size around 1840. After 1859 the property passed to John Mumford Gregory, a member of the Virginia House of Delegates and Governor of Virginia for a short time during the Civil War. The property changed hands five more times over the next 130 years.
Today, Burlington Plantation is one of Virginia’s most beautiful and versatile new Weddings and Events venue, conveniently located between Richmond and historic Williamsburg. For further information, please click here: Burlington Plantation.
Outdoor Lighting Expressions was privileged to have had the opportunity to design and install elegant and subtle architectural accent lighting and landscape lighting for the entire property. The outdoor lighting will add significantly to the night time beauty of the facilities and common areas and enhance the evening enjoyment by guests for years to come.